Sunday, July 10, 2011

Philadelphia with a stop at Princeton April 30 - May 1, 2011

We decided to make a weekend trip to Philadelphia at the end of April.  I had been there once before with Jeff but only for an interview at a PA program.  Along the way we stopped off at Princeton.  Absolutely beautiful campus.  What is better is that the university is surrounded by a quaint New England town.  Completely different from Yale's surroundings.

 We even got to pass by Albert Einstein's house.
 On Sunday we went to church in downtown Philadelphia.  The members of the branch we attended were amazing. Their testimonies during the meeting were humble and strong.  I'll always remember Bishop Cookie (awesome name) who was one of the warmest and friendly bishops I have met.  Too bad we didn't get a picture there.

Afterwards, we went to see Independence Hall and Liberty Bell.

 Inside Independence Hall with the tour guide. 
 The original ink well that was used to sign the Declaration and Constitution.
 The building where the Senate used to meet.
 Benjamin Franklin
Liberty Bell

 Franklin's grave site.



No comments:

Post a Comment