Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Favorite Annual Summer Trip! (8/3-8/4)

The first weekend in August was all set for our favorite summer trip.  We were all packed - remembered the goggles, fins, had a hotel arranged.  Last items needed were our bikes.  I seriously thought Joe was kidding when he came up from the basement storage saying "The bikes are gone!".   Eventually, pretty much all of the storage units in our building were broken into.  So the morning was kind of depressing, but we took care of some things then headed out knowing our bike ride in the Boston area would sadly be subtracted from our trip.

One of my favorite areas in New England is the Concord/Lexington area outside Boston and Walden Pond.  We stopped there first.  Here's Joe along the trail. 

 It is fabulous swimming in the pond.  So relaxing and refreshing.  Just like Mom would, Joe freaks out as I swim across the pond (he won't let me go the entire length though) even with my fins on.  I love doing it though.

 And a little chipmunk too.
 The next day we went into Boston.  First we saw the infamous Old Ironsides.  Excellent replica of the ships above.

We went inside and toured the ship too.  Lots of cannons.









 Then we went to the classic North End.  I have shown this before, but again this is a memorial with names of our soldiers on the hanging dog tags by the Old North Church.

 Random streets in the area.


 My second favorite is Good Harbor Beach up by Glouchester.  It is gorgeous and would be a perfect place for a summer home.  Water is a bit cold but it is super fun on the beach and in the waves.










Someday, we will definitely get back . . . with some bikes next time.

1 comment:

  1. That stinks about the bikes! I'm rather jealous about you guys visitingWalden pond. I can see from your pictures why it was such an inspirational place for so much literary work. Now if we could all afford to take off a year or so to live there that would be heaven!

    ReplyDelete