Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting Ready For Aubrey's First Christmas

We did venture out last Monday the ninth though and find us a tree nearby.  No cutting our own this year.  Here is Joe getting it set up that night.
On Tuesday the 10th, Aubrey had her six month doctor's appointment.  Here she is all excited to get going.  She just keeps growing really fast.  Her doctor joked that she looked like she was there for her nine month appointment.  Her stats: 27.5 inches, 97th percentile; 19 pounds 8.5 ounces, 95th percentile.  
Following her appointment, we decorated the tree but I didn't snap a photo until later.
Happy waking!
  Looking good for a trip out.
We started her on solids on Sunday the 8th.  Sweet potatoes wre her first food and she loves them.  We later tried avocado which she also loves, and she is currently warming up to bananas.
Play gym fun.


The day after her six month birthday she decided to celebrate by rolling from her tummy to back.  She made it all around my room.  Both of us were super excited!!
    Happy after church this past Sunday.
My homemade cinnamon rolls prior to baking.  Sorry, no after shot, but they were yummy!
Looking great and happy in her reindeer pajamas.
Not the best picture, nut here is the tree at night all decorated and lighted up.
Just like Kitty, Roxy enjoys sitting under the tree.  Unlike Kitty, she doesn't seem to sleep and rest under there, but, rather, plays with the branches and messes up the tree skirt.  I can always tell when she was just under there.
Aubrey chilling out watching Roxy and I play together.  She loves watching Roxy and always giggles and squeals when she first sees her each time now.
 I know kids grow faster than you think, but, for us, Aubrey is growing extremely fast given she is 90+ percentile for both height and weight and at six months she was the size of an average nine month old.  So, when we went out Christmas shopping the Tuesday before Christmas, I dressed her up pretty nice given she hadn't worn this dress yet and will likely not be able to soon.

She was more than adorable in the outfit and we had a wonderful time out on our first Mommy/Daughter Christmas shopping trip.  Pretty much the entire day was super fun!
 This is officially one of my top favorite pictures of her now.
 Back at home that night, I used the Photo Booth app to take lots of funny pictures of her while she was eating.

 Since we needed to pack Joe's car for our road trip home and to Phoenix, we decided we definitely could not bring the travel system stroller.  So we put her in her small stroller for the first time and Joe strolled her around the house.  She LOVED it!! I wish I had a video of just how excited she was: squealing, bouncing her legs, eyes wide open, huge smile.
 On the Thursday before Christmas, I went to get an early Christmas present for myself: an iPhone.  It is more than wonderful to have.  My favorite is that it is my phone with an excellent camera/phone built into it. 

Here is our first shot using it.
 Aubrey the morning of the day we would start our road trip at night.  We had lots to do from packing to wrapping to cleaning to cooking hams for our ward Christmas party, etc.
 Here is our tree with our presents underneath.  How fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment